• Throughout the weekend the LESLIE HOTEL FACADE, as it did in 2012 and 2013, will serve as a screen for a 30-minute film (3D Mapping Project) called "FACES OF THE DECADE," created by Alternative Media International (AMI).
ART DECO WEEKEND 2014
JANUARY 18.19.20. 2014 / OCEAN DRIVE / MIAMI BEACH
CELEBRATING THE "PLAYFUL" QUALITY OF THE ART DECO ERA
Art Deco Weekend, now in its 37th consequtive year, always sees world-famous Ocean Drive more energized than ever, with more than 300,000 visitors emersing themselves in the local art and architecture, listening to the eclectic selection of non-stop live music, and perusing the wares of hundreds of vendors, whether artists, craftsmen, chefs, bartenders, car collectors, or any other variety of Art Deco retailers, all showing the best they have to offer.
The Sound of Miami
As it has before, Miami's own Afro-Cuban Jam Band SUÉNALO will perform as part of the Art Deco Weekend Music Festival.
• Art Deco Weekend / Wimbash >> Miami Beach is Musical Odyssey ... Three days of eclectic performances by the finest of international and local musicians.
• Art Deco related movies will be shown on the lawn in Lummus Park at 8th Street.
• Renowned Authors, Educators, and Experts discuss the People, Art and Architecture that helped define the Art Deco Culture of Miami Beach
• A runway show of Art Deco inspired couture presented by local designers.
• The Modernism Furniture Expo and Sale at The Art Deco Welcome Center.
• The Original U.S. Antique Show is the world's largest exhibit dedicated to "period" Art, Furniture, and Objects, and it will be previewed in a tent at Ocean Drive and 5th Street.
• The International Map Fair is a preview of the HistoryMiami's Exhibit of rare books, documents, and objects related to the 500th Anniversary of Florida.
MOON OVER MIAMI GALA
• Purchase your key to gain entrance to the Miami Design Preservation League's Underground Speakeasy and VIP party at a secret South Beach location revealedsometime after the New Year.
OPENING ARTIST RECEPTION
• The Weekend's first "official" event during which the winning artist in the Art Deco Weekend 2014 Poster Design Competition will be awarded the BARBARA BAER CAPITMAN DESIGN SCHOLARSHIP. In
addition to unveiling the winning poster, guests will enjoy wine, appetizers, and live jazz.
ART DECO TOURS
• A number of special South Beach/Ocean Drive/Art Deco tours will offered throughout the Weekend. These in addition to the educational and entertaining tours conducted throughout the year.
• Classic cars displayed on the beach near 5th Street by their owners, who are always happy to talk about their vintage rides.
ART DECO PARADE
• Friday night's activities will be punctuated by the ever-popular Art Deco Parade, featuring local bands and organizations marching along the neon-bathed stretch of Ocean Drive between 5th and 15th Streets.
PLAN TO GO
VIEW THE PROGRAM GUIDE ONLINE
CLICK ON THE DATE FOR A FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS THE DAY YOU PLAN TO ATTEND
FRIDAY / JANUARY 18, 2013 — Noon to 11PM
SATURDAY / JANUARY 19, 2013 — 10AM to 11PM
SUNDAY / JANUARY 20, 2013 — 10AM to 8PM
WHERE TO PARK
WHERE TO STAY
"Long Live Swing" by djad
Dancing in the Street